Breaking: 2015 Callaway Corvette Z06 Makes 757 HP And 777 Lb-Ft
- July 30, 2015
- Corvette News
- Posted by lauraj
- Comments Off on Breaking: 2015 Callaway Corvette Z06 Makes 757 HP And 777 Lb-Ft
Yup. Callaway just turned the Z06 up to 11.
By: Paulo Acoba | Art of Gears
Callaway and their Corvette packages have always taken us by surprise every time they announce a new iteration of what Corvette has blessed us with. According to their official press release that various forums and fans on Facebook got the privilege of seeing earlier today (July 28, 2015) Callaway has taken the 2015 Corvette Z06 and produced their most powerful Corvette to date. The 2015 Callaway Corvette makes a whopping 757 HP and 777 lb-ft of torque (a stock Z06 has 650 HP/650lb-ft of torque.) In case you’re too lazy to do the arithmetic, that’s an increase of 107 HP/127 lb-ft of torque.
Want to wipe the floor with a Nissan GT-R or a Pagani Huayra? This Callaway Z06 will hit 60 MPH in 2.8 seconds, a tenth quicker than both those supercars. Feel like taking the Porsche 911 Turbo S or a Dodge Charger/Challenger Hellcat in the quarter mile? You can in the Callaway Z06 with a quarter mile time of 10.5 seconds.
According to Callaway, “The Callaway GenThree supercharger is 32% larger in displacement (2300cc vs 1740cc)” so that accounts for most of the gains. In addition, the stock cooling in the Z06 was upgraded.
Callaway’s unique triple-element intercooler configuration provides significantly lower and well-managed inlet charge air temperatures than single or smaller dual-element designs. The supercharger housing extends through the hood, thereby exposing it to outside ambient airflow and adding an element of convective cooling. The supercharger is visible without opening the hood, and heat is inherently extracted from the engine compartment.
Included in the entire build are (listed below):
– Callaway GenThree Supercharger (pat. pend.) with Triple-Element Intercooler System
– Callaway Supercharger Hood Surround
– Callaway Carbon Fiber Engine Mid-Covers
– Callaway High Flow Air Intake System
– Callaway Embroidered Floor Mats
– Callaway Anodized Aluminum Door Sill Panels
– Callaway Exterior and Interior Badging
– Callaway Underhood Build Plaque with Vehicle Identification Number
– Callaway Key Fobs Callaway Authenticity Documentation Package
– Callaway 3 Year, 36,000 Mile Limited Warranty (probably the most important modification of all)
The 2016 Corvette Z06 is already much of a bargain and a beast of a car. But for $17,000 more, you can get even more supercar killer performance at a fraction of what the other guys paid. And most importantly, it comes with a warranty! Well done Callaway. Connecticut tuning at its finest.